Our facility includes a 3,800 sq ft cleanroom. Individual suites are equipped with 60 mL to 5 L fermenters for laboratory scale research and 100 -350 L fermenters for pilot process development. Our facility is well-suited for bioprocess development and GMP production for clinical trial.
Scale-up Bioprocess Development
We provide equipment and expertise for bioprocess development in for bacterial culture (80ml to 5 litre) and cell culture (2 litre). The engagement could be either joint research collaboration or through contract research service. In the case of joint research collaboration, projects may be eligible for Innovation Technology Fund (ITF) application of the Hong Kong SAR Government. For more information about ITF, please visit http://www.itf.gov.hk
Process Analytical Technology
We offer on-line process analysis by Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS).
Selected Project Highlights
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH), World Health Organization (WHO) – Malaria Vaccine
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) – Recombinant Paramyocin Vaccine
- Greenpak Biotech Ltd. – Plasmid DNA Porcine Growth-Hormone Releasing Factor (pGRF) and Plasmid DNA H5N1 Vaccine
- Bioprocess development of recombinant tuberculosis (TB) protein
- Liver Cancer Vaccine Development:- Cell culture scale-up prototype production
- Tetrodotoxin production using biotechnology
- Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) for pharmaceutical process monitoring